Abby had her 2 year check-up yesterday and (aside from a mild ear infection in one ear, which really hasn't even affected her this time around) she got a clean bill of health. She is 34 1/2" tall (70th percentile), and 26.0 lbs (40th percentile). The doctor was very happy with her growth and development, and she received 2 more immunizations and a flu shot. And finally we start seeing the doctor annually for well-checks, instead of twice a year or more.
And I had my 36-week appointment for Baby Smith #2 today as well as a final growth ultrasound which showed that she is definitely head down. The doctor estimates that she is about 6lbs 14oz right now and should be just under 8lbs if I make it to my scheduled induction on the morning of November 3rd! So I got to see her in 3-D as well, and we think she looks just like Abby did, little round chubby face, and of course with her hand up in front of her nose. And the technician said she has a full head of hair....to be sure I bring a brush to the hospital with me! She pointed out the fuzzy head and it was obvious! So I'm anxious to see if her hair comes out the same color as Abby's was, and if it will stay and grow as much as Abby's has (she really never lost any hair after delivery and it only keeps growing). She is still very active and manages to keep me uncomfortable quite often, so these last 3 weeks (or less) are a true countdown!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.