Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Okay, so this wasn't exactly how I planned my holiday weekend to go, but you have to roll with the good and the bad.....even though I was dealt mostly bad! We still made fun amidst the craziness.
In case you missed the update, last week both girls were getting over ear infections, and then I got pinkeye in both eyes on Wednesday. Mike was out of town all week in Missouri for work, so I was home alone with the kids. By about Friday my left eye was getting worse and was pretty bloodshot! Saturday and Sunday I ended up with chills, fever and vomiting too, so basically flu like symptoms on top of the pinkeye! By Sunday my eyes were so dry and scratchy I was over it. I took myself to the military ER on Monday morning, and he said I still had the pinkeye in both eyes, but that I also have a hemorrhaged blood vessel in my left eye (which is much worse visually then the right, this is why!).
Sent me home with more antibiotic and wetting drops. Long story short, I am fine and off to my regular doctor again today for a follow up! I'll keep you posted. I still look disastrous!! Too bad its not Halloween or I'd make a great costume for FREE!

I wasn't about to let this ruin my entire holiday weekend though, so Emily and Abby had a BLAST all weekend swimming and playing, and then we had a big group of friends over Sunday for our first big pool party of the season! All the kids had a blast and it was a beautiful day!

 ABOVE: The kids were wiped after a few hours of swimming (and their long car ride here from PA). Heck, whatever gets Abby to crash on the couch for 2+ hours, I'll take it!
 Abby LOVED swimming with Emily.....who taught her to jump confidently off the side of the pool and the diving board the first week of the season!!! YEAH!!! No more scaredy-cats here!!! She's a jumping pro! Holds her breath, and even swims with her face in the water to the side now too!
 Oh yeah, and then there is Maddy! Who LOVES the pool too! 
She fits into Abby's floaty from last year, and is a little fish. She floats/swims great on her own, and loves to be in the pool with us!
 Abby showing off her back float
 Jumping is her new favorite thing to do OVER AND OVER!!!!!
 My 2 pool munchkins! (These are the BEST floatation devices for kids by the way, at Target, only $17! "Puddle Jumpers". A one piece unit that still allows them to swim, without tipping on their back like a life vest!)
 Maddy's favorite thing to do besides swim is to throw ALL the pool toys in the water!!
 Silly Maddy!!! Floating like a big girl!

 Sisters!!! Abby is great and even tows Maddy back to the steps when she wants to get out!
 After jumping in, this is her head down in the water, holding her breath and swimming back to the steps! Totally self taught, and I'm so proud.


1 comment:

  1. Alli
    Can't see the photos, just small blue rectangles. Clicking goes to Yahoo. Any help?
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!