This past weekend, I finished my Scuba open water certification (it consists of a lesson in a pool, then two days of two dives each in the ocean, plus taking a few written tests)!
And I have to say, given the skills I completed, 20-40 feet underwater, I impressed myself!
Since having kids 7 years ago, its probably the most challenging thing I've done!
Mike got certified in October, and was encouraging me to do so as well, so we can dive together on our many opportunities while overseas in nice WARM places!! Monterey is FREEZING.....thank goodness for wetsuits! You'd hardly know the water was 55 degrees!!

I did two dives on my own Saturday....
And the last two dives on Sunday with Mike joining our group as an extra supervisor/aid.
All suited up about to walk into the water!
Floating at the surface, waiting to go down!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.