Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fun Cooking this week

Valentines Day Weekend EATS!!
French Bread French Toast + Abby's Fav......Raspberries!!
 Marinated Chicken that when split resulted in a heart :)
Cut up to make Greek Chicken Salad---DELISH!!
(Marinate 3-4 butterflied boneless breasts in 1/4C Olive Oil, Juice of 2 Lemons, 1-2 Tbsp Oregano, and some chopped garlic---Let it all marinate in a ziplock gallon bag overnight to cook the next day/night. Longer the better! Normally I then grill them, but seeing as we are in an apartment with no grill.....I just cooked them on the stove and they came out great. Top the chopped romaine with chopped kalamatta olives, cucumers, Mediterranean Feta Cheese, tomato and some Red Wine Vinagrette dressing. The dish is so filling and tasty!! NOTE: Make enough for leftovers.....you'll want it again the next day!
Another great dish I ate for three days!!! Yes 3!!!
Dijon Rosemary Pork Loin-- the simplest to make--And we enjoyed it on Valentines night!
Baked in the oven at 425 for 1 hour!
Sauteed chopped carrots and parsnips and onion for 5 minutes in pan with some olive oil.
Pour these veggies into the baking pan (I used a 8x10 pyrex). Place the pork loin directly on top of the sautéed veggies. Now to make the sauce. Chop 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped dried Rosemary and mix with 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and a teaspoon of chopped/minced garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix this up and spread it over your pork already in the dish. Bake uncovered for 1 hour!!
Super easy and as tender as I've ever had a pork loin.

 Learned from this week......good eats can come out of a small kitchen.....just takes a little more effort
(You should see how I have to cram a weeks worth of groceries into our small fridge.....Its a Jenga game getting something out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!