Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Thursday, April 7, 2011

WHAT was I thinking???!!!!

So......who knew having a "FUN" Sand/Water table could be so messy????
Well, I learned the hard way. What was I thinking, that two kids under 3 could keep sand and water fun separate.....NOT!!!! Mud pies (lakes) were definitely more fun!
So I think our new fun table is going to turn into a strictly WATER ONLY table.
Aside from the obvious mess of water in the sand side, we ended up with speckled white muddy sand thrown by Abby all over the patio, bbq, pool fence, etc. Good thing it will all wash away with the next rain, but the sand has gotta go! We still have a real sandbox, so that will have to do!
 Despite the mess they made, they truly did have a lot of fun, and it was good independent play!
 Maddy pouring water into the sand.....Great!!!!

 Taking a break from the muddy fun for a snack! Maddy now knows how to sit at the picnic table all by herself, and get down... A milestone!!
 "Hmm......maybe I should eat this???".......and she has, repeatedly. Silly Maddy! She eats everything!!


 The end all disaster. You'd think 10 kids were over playing....Nope, just my 2 cuties.
White speckled muddy sand everywhere. Oh, and I forgot to mention the PILE of sand Abby put on Maddy's head too! She got a little creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!