Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!
We had a wonderful celebration with a big group of friends yesterday for a BBQ/Pool Party at our house!
We are so fortunate to have a large group of friends in our Navy community who love to come hang out and socialize.....and what better way than using up our crazy amount of backyard space!!
We had about 30+ adults and 12+ kids swimming and eating!! It was a great day!
Except that as the hostess, running around doing things, I forgot to take photos!! Booo....guess I need a waterproof digital camera to keep near the pool for future events.....better put it on the list! Otherwise the only photo I got was my dessert contribution, of these patriotic dipped strawberries I made! They were YUMMY! 

 It was in the mid 90's yesterday, and after playing with his friends, Mike ended up like this in the pool all by himself relaxing......for over an hour. Qualifies as good "me" time!!

So of course, in true Abby style, she got sick the day before our party!! She ALWAYS does this....the kid has impeccable timing to ruin most holidays! Its true. The last two New Years Eve parties we had were foiled by her fever & vomiting! Why would this holiday be any different!!?? Luckily while doped up on enough Motrin, she was still able to enjoy the party & swim with her friends. And the day after she is almost back to normal. So I caught a few photos of the girls running around today!
 In their cute matching shirts and patriotic hair clippies!
This is EXACTLY why I am waiting a few more months to pay for a professional photography session......it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the two of them looking cute and smiling in the same direction! Hopefully once Maddy's 2+ her attention span will grow a bit.
 See.....cute, but looking in opposite directions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!