Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

EAT CAKE!!!!


We went to dinner at a friend's house last night.....we will call it a Veterans day celebration, any reason to eat cake!! So I brought dessert!! I got this idea from a recipe blog I follow (recipegirl.com). All her posts are full-fat and never diet, but they are always delicious and this one was the BEST!
Introducing, the KIT KAT CAKE!!! The base is a box chocolate cake mix, but you add a few ingredients and it is delish!! Plus the frosting is homemade! Mmmmm

Here it is as I created it yesterday, with two chocolate hungry monsters watching at my side! 
One of the two layers of chocolate cake, cooled and waiting to be frosted and stacked!
 The almost finished product, awaiting the candy finishings!
 My batter licker! She was pretty effective!!
 Surrounded by kit kats!
 Wrapped up!
And ready to go!!!! Topped with M&M's, which you can change for the seasons when different colors are released!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!