Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mario Kart Girl

Okay, so as much as I'm not a huge fan of time spent playing video games, we did buy Mario Kart for our Wii this past December, partly for me, partly for the girls. Abby liked it at first, but the few times she attempted it, it seemed a bit overwhelming to use the wireless steering wheel and stay on course while driving her car in the game.
But yesterday she asked to play, after not playing for about three months, and took to it like a PRO!!!
Last night was one of those "crazy things kids say" moments.
I was helping her select the race type and get it setup for her to play by herself and when I chose the Penguin/Water course, she complained "Mom, I can't do that one". So of course like any parent I said "Oh honey it will be fine". And her response to that......
"Well it won't be fine when I fall off the edge into the water"!!!!!! (Insert me laughing!!!!!!!)

Where does she learn lines like this??!! I laughed about her remark all night to Mike, because it took some forethought for her to know that the course was challenging since "deadly" water was on one side and would make it harder for her to do! The other courses are more road-like and have walls/fences left and right to bump off of. 
Low and behold, she rode the course just fine and was very proud of herself in the end!
Only falling into the water once or twice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!