Maddy has surpassed my expectations with her eating habits over the last 45+ days since Mike has been gone.....If this picky kid can overcome food hesitations.....ANY kid can! But it did take a lot of screaming on her part, and I'm sure a few new grey hairs on my part......but I think our overly picky eating days are behind us! Now I have to introduce her to veggies.....
I now believe she can eat anything reasonable that I offer her, anything at a restaurant beyond chicken fingers and pizza, and anything at someones house for a meal.
In February....she was a TRUE toddler eater. Now, she eats 99.9% of everything I offer her for dinner without a frown or complaint. Recent discoveries and meals have been:
*Ham! For Easter at a friends house, she devoured 3 helpings!!
*Her first cheeseburger
*Corned beef.....again she asked for multiple helpings
*Hot dog
*Cheese ravioli/tortellini; normally when I've offered her these she flips out and throws a fit, tonight, she chowed them down without hesitation!
*Cheese quesadilla
*Breaded shrimp....granted she called it chicken, she devoured every piece I gave her....I told her when she was done that it was shrimp. I think she impressed herself :)
*Fruit as a side with most meals (new for her......her favorites being bananas and pears
* Teriyaki chicken, even homemade!!
*Sweet & Sour Pork! HER FAVORITE! Abby requested we do takeout one night, and they both inhaled these!! Couldn't believe Maddy didn't even ask what it was!! Abby couldn't be more opposite of Maddy.....she LOVES food. Weird foods too! She loves those little baby corns you get in the seafood chinese takeout dishes. She requests them constantly. Of course I bought a can of those baby corn at the store......she says they don't taste the same. Go figure! She likes the expensive seafood chinese dishes, their corn qualify!!
NEW RULE: You eat what is on your plate.....
and if its a veggie, you at least try one itsy bitsy teenie weenie piece!
I just had to publish it here, so down the road when things are normal, I can look back and appreciate where we started!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.