Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Kamakura Big Buddha--With the kids!

The girls and I set out for the Big Buddha this morning!
Just needed to get out of the house!! And it was a dry day, with no direct sun, so it was a WIN!
 
Abby was impressed at the massive size and height, and I took her inside!
 Just outside the Buddha we stopped at a Turkish place for a quick bite. 
The place was recommended by a friend, and did not disappoint! 
Shaved chicken on a rotating spit, in a bun! The Mango Turkish Ice was delish too!
Abby went in the Buddha shrine cave with me!
After lunch we headed to Hasadera Temple--I needed to go again anyhow, to start my temple stamp book! Each time you go to a temple in Japan you pay about $2.50 and they will hand paint the temples name in Japanese on a new page! Collect them all!! (if you dare!! I'm up for the challenge...)
 The girls really enjoyed the Koi ponds!
 The Hydrangea garden was in FULL bloom this visit, and with the increased patronage they started a timed ticketing system. Last month when Mike and I came here there were no Hydrangeas at all, so this was a nice change and made it special with the kids. 
 
They walked a TON today. And walked up ALLLLL of these steps. This is just a quarter of the path and they are steep. No complaining about walking the entire day. I'm wondering if we have them trained now after a month of not bringing/using the stroller!
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is what this statue looked like 7 weeks ago.....early May
And this is late June with all the blooms!
  
This variety (above) was my favorite--very interesting
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!