Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Bon Odori Fun

Bon Odori base festival 2015 complete!!
It was such an amazing event and I am so glad I spent every Thursday morning for the last 6 weeks practicing. We learned 10-12 Japanese dances that are NOT easy to retain. 

The base opens its gates twice a year for events and this was the second one. There was a live band, food to eat, and then three hours into the event the Bon Odori formal dancing began! Many dance groups from different places off base attend and perform their routines. While they are on stage the rest of the dancers proceed to dance along with them on the ground. 
Some friends and squadron ladies I have been dancing with for two months! 
Sophia and I--good friends from Norfolk
It was so nice to have the girls with me at this event. So many friends didn't dance and instead helped keep an eye on my kids while I was off doing my thing! 
Liberty Bell kids!! Yep! LOTS of girls
The girls enjoying a snow cone cup! 
Thanks to friends who took photos of me dancing tonight! Great memories
Center stage! I did three dances up there
The live band that performed--the Japanese LOVE all things American
Oh and this is the base commander doing his talk. Those fuzzy guys behind him are local city mascots. YES each city has its own mascot!! Don't ask me what the broccoli guy represents, because on his behind he had a corkscrew tail.....not your average broccoli.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!