Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Happy Anniversary--- a dozen down!

Today marks 12 years since we said "I do" to each other! 
And tomorrow he comes home after another 2 months away..... 

We have had many amazing homecomings since this Navy life began! 

I always look forward to each one the same, eager to see him walk out of that plane, and now I love watching the girls run and embrace him! We have resilient kids who are stronger than many around them, but they love their daddy and get so excited to welcome him back each time!! The goodbyes are hard because the welcome backs are amazing no matter how long the deployment. 
The kids are my focus these days during deployments and I can't imagine doing it without them. They are the greatest challenge and the most valuable distraction. 
Wedding July 2004- beginning of it all
Our first Navy ball October 2003 (just us)
First homecoming Nov 2008 in California (one kid in tow; Abby was 13 months)
Homecoming in Virginia 2012 (two kids)
First homecoming in Japan 2015--how did they grow up so much!! 

......and stay tuned for tomorrow's highlights!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!