Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daddys Girls in NY

Well, the girls and I made a LONG trip up to NY this past weekend to visit daddy (he is up there on Long Island doing training for their new plane that will be phased into the squadrons soon). It was 10 hours up there last Thursday, and 8.5 hrs back on Monday! And we were surprised to learn upon arriving that Mike had Friday off, so that made the 3-day weekend even more enjoyable.
Here are the girls and him during our downtime in the hotel room!!
I didn't get any photos of it, but Abby swam with Mike everyday in the hotel's indoor VERY heated pool! She loved it and it was all she talked about the entire trip (and every 10 min on the ride up there and back.......oy vey!!!! I ran out of excuses VERY fast!)
I caught them playing on their cell phones (well, Abby was playing a game on mine) with their legs crossed the same......weird!!! They are SOOOO related!!! Genetics run really deep I guess.
Waking up.....watching morning tv together! NO, we didn't sleep in the same bed together. Abby slept on the pull-out bed, and Maddy slept in her pack-n-play. Everyone slept great!!! And napped great too! Made the trip all the more worthwhile and stress free!
Look at me! I sit up ALL on my own now! She has mastered this in the two weeks Mike has been gone and is great now.....until big sister zooms in for a hug & kiss and knocks her over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!