Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Air Show!

We had a very busy Sunday! 
First we headed out to Norfolk for their annual Greek festival.
We were mostly there to indulge in the yummy food which Mike and I both enjoy.
We devoured Gyro's, Spanikopita, Calamari & Baklava of course!! Mmmmmmm good!
Then we threw naptime under the bus and headed north to the Langley Air Show in Hampton. Today was the last day and you just can't pass up a free event with planes, right??
To my surprise.....I'm not sure why I was surprised...but Abby LOVED it! She got to be Mike's sidekick as he showed her everything. I on the other hand pushed sleeping beauty Madelyn around. She slept like a champ while we perused different aircraft. She only woke up at the very end when the Thunderbirds began their show......then things got REALLY loud and we left!
 Mike teaching her where the bombs are kept that they drop on bad guys......oh how to explain these things to a curious 3 year old.
  Daddy on stroller duty
 Beautiful skies!!
 Our seasoned aircraft visitor, got her wings!
 Waiting to board the Air Force AWACS
 She did her job for the day and slept! Such a trooper.
 In front of the Memphis Belle
 Last flight of the day with the Thunderbirds performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!