My dad came to visit for a nice long weekend!!
Our ONLY visitors this deployment, and once I thought about it, our only house guests since January 2012!
We sure enjoyed the change of pace in the house with an extra person around and it helped keep my mind off Mike's return.....lowering my anxiety! Since we still have over a week to countdown even after my dad leaves!
Luckily it was a gorgeous weekend of weather for mid-December in Virginia Beach! Two days in the 50's and the weekend was 65! So in true Virginia Beach style......we headed to the beach on Saturday to let the kids run loose and collect shells!

We let them loose to explore!

Dad pointed out Maddy squints her one eye just like I did (or do....) as a kid!
Grandpa showing Abby a special elongated clam shell he found washed up.
My beach girls....loving the beach even in winter!
Can't keep her away from some good diggin'
Running down the beach to disturb the huge flock of seagulls!
I couldn't resist this CUTE crack!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.