Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Grandpa Ron's Visit- Santa & Holiday Lights

Knowing in advance that Grandpa was coming around the holidays, I signed us up back in October for our local "Polar Express" experience at the Botanical Gardens. We did it as a family last year and it was great. Of course this year I planned it based on daddy not being around, so it worked great that my dad could join us and enjoy seeing the kids experience it all.
Cookie decorating, hot cocoa, a holiday craft, a reading of the Polar Express, and a ride on the tram through the gardens holiday light display after dark! Great way to round out our long weekend!!
Pretty sure (as my memory serves me.....) this was the girls first time EVER meeting Santa!
And there were NO tears! Imagine that.
 Santa's elf greeted us at the door to escort them in
 Abby told him EXACTLY the one thing she wants..........(guess I'm off to ToysRus this week.....)
 Maddy wasn't so eager to sit with Santa by herself, but agreed if Abby was sitting there too...hence her leaning outward a bit :) ("don't touch me you big fluffy red guy....." she must have been thinking...."or I'll scream")
 Decorating their cookies!
 I'm not quite sure how it worked out, but Maddy's was quite symmetrical and actually resembled a reindeer and we NEVER helped her! I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that she was decorating the cookie.....just figured she would be eating all the decorations......that came next! But I was impressed it had pretzel ears, marshmallow eyebrows, chocolate chip eyes, candy corn ears and a red gum drop nose!
  On the tram ride ready to see the lights!

This photo is about what they looked like most of the four full days he has been here......he couldn't peel them off of him! See you next in California Grandpa Ron!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!