Our near two week visit with Grandma Donna and Henry came to an end last night! After 13 full days of sightseeing, amazingly warm winter weather, and lots of memories made.....they made it home to the good 'ol USA!! And I was so proud to hear that after two weeks of traveling on trains in Japan they even managed to get to the airport via a train all on their own!!
The moment they arrived the girls stole Henry's accessories
Big Buddha at Kamakura
Street food in Yamato
We had an amazing three day visit to Hiroshima!! No kids!! Just the three of us
We travelled via the Shinkansen bullet train from Tokyo to Hiroshima (3:45 travel time). So now I can say I've done that!!
Hiroshima Castle
On the outside deck of the 5th floor of the castle
Atomic bomb dome site (at night)
Shrine with many torii gates
We tried Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima! It's a dish traditionally with egg, a very thin battered pancakes, cabbage and pork and sauce all layered.....but in Hiroshima they do it with noodles too!
Took a ferry to Miyajima Island-- floating torii gate
The island is well known for fresh oysters! We saw the beds in the ocean as we crossed over. I had them three ways on the island! Deep fried, grilled, and in a curry steam bun!! All absolutely delicious!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.