Today's adventure was to Tokyo for our first Sumo tournament. These tournaments sell out fast, and luckily I planned ahead and bought tickets the day they went on sale because I wanted a weekday that Mike and the kids had off. One less thing on the must do list for next winter.
The only problem with today was last night we got an unexpected 2+ inches of snow!! So, that threw a wrench in our train scheduling and road conditions. As if traveling to Tokyo on 90 minutes of trains isn't hard enough. Add in weather delays and it's more like 180 minutes of travel.
This was a great experience and I hope we can go again next uear!!
But we got there!!
I opted for chair seats.....but they do offer "box seats" on the lower level where you sit Indian style for hours on end. I've come to the realization that American legs just can't do that!!!
The arena view from our seats. Didn't need binoculars!
Start of a match
Beginning of a new round....they parade on the stage in their outfits
Then they turn around!!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.