Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Friday, July 24, 2009

Virginia Bch Aquarium- Anniversary Day Out

We decided to celebrate this 5 year wedding anniversary as a family, and it turned out great!
We started with a visit to the Virginia Beach Aquarium here in town and Abby encountered some fun animals. Then we went out for dinner and ice cream, and to our surprise she did great at the restaurant, entertaining herself with the food of course!
Next year we will be celebrating with 2 kids!! YIKES!
Abby and daddy checking out the turtles
This kid loves anything water related

Touching her first horseshoe crab! Not a bit scared! The handler was even shocked she wanted to do it! Such a big girl.....she probably thinks..."if I can handle Roxy, I can handle a silly crab!!"
She wasn't too excited to pose, as she became more interested in the steps at this shark tank exhibit, teaching herself to go up and down the steps upright without putting her hands down! Thats a new trick! Once she figured out she could handle it, she attempted it over and over and over.
HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!!!
Not looking so bad after 5 years, having moved 3 times, and about to have baby #2!
Finally a family shot! Even if she does look a little shocked! Maybe a shark swam by behind the camera, who knows!
A mouthful!!! This was some feat! I had to crawl under this silly shark exhibit on my knees, and Mike handed her to me through the teeth!! Not made for pregnant mommies! Oh well, it was cute!!

Checking out the small fish
Her first snake exhibit!! He was lively and moved his head right toward her!
So the color came out funny, I think because of the odd lighting in the restaurant, but this was a funny moment of self-entertainment at its best. After becoming bored with the crayons and paper and the books that I brought, she decided to try dipping spreadable butter into melted butter, and eat it!! It was a hit, and it kept her quiet and occupied for a good 20 minutes!! We will discuss her cholesterol in 20 years or so!! All I cared about was that I got to finish my meal for once and didn't have to clean up any spills!
Yum!!! Different forms of lard!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!