Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Monday, July 20, 2015

Mount Takatori

Today my good friend Carrie and I took our four kids to hike Mount Takatori! I drove an hour to her base and we walked right off her base for the hike! We knew we were in for a challenge, and the kids did amazingly considering 90% of the hike was uphill and steep! 
This was a great challenge that was totally out of my box and certainly the most challenging adventure the girls have ever done. 
WIN: I didn't carry a single child on the entire hike. Maddy whined a few times, but given some water she warmed right back up to the adventure and seeing what was around the next corner! 
The start of the hike
Nature at its best
Jungle like hiking
Temple gong
Carrie and I in front of a temple 
The landscape was a mix of jungle and rocky! 
Big Stone Buddha 
The final steps of the 5-1/2 hour hike!!!
After this we still had to walk 20 min to the closest train station to get back to my car at the base. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!