Last Sunday the kids and I went on our second base guided tour.
It was for "Peach Picking, Kaleidoscope Making & Winery Tour"
It was a great kid-friendly trip, 8am-8pm!

The peach orchard was very hands on. We got to pick and eat as many peaches as we wanted!
And then any extras we could pick and buy to take home.
Fruit here is horribly expensive (compared to the USA).....so 3 large peaches was about $8.50
Washing off her peach
Chowing down.......of course Maddy just stared at hers since she's my anti-fruit child
Alongside the orchard were some grape vines--pretty to peek through
I told Abby to hold up the peaches we were going to buy....I had no idea it would look like THIS :)
After the orchard we drove to a craft/cultural center to make our Kaleidoscopes.
They had the kaleidoscopes prepared for assembly (which made my life SO much easier......since I was assembling three of them).
First we assembled them, then we stamped our design onto our Japanese Washi paper, and then glued the paper onto the tube and chose our rocks/gems for the capsule.
The finished product. Very cool!
Then we were on to our final destination--Shirayuri Winery
Our group had a tour of the facility and the grape orchard
They grow a few varieties from Japanese to French grapes!
The Peach Wine bottles before labeling
After the tour we ended in their tasting room and were allowed unlimited tastes of their 6 varieties!
Plus Sparkling Wine and Brandy!
The Japanese do NOT make good red wine. I was warned by friends upon coming here that wine is NOT the choice drink when out for the night. But the whites at this winery were quite tasty and refreshing!
My loot for the day! I purchased a bottle of Sparkling Dry, Chardonnay, and a Peach Wine!



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.