Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Friday, April 16, 2010

DAY 1:This potty thing......The journey

So......we started potty training today!!!!
I decided it might be fun to track the journey, so I figured I'd post this first week's triumphs and tragedys to see how she does. I didn't have that much faith in the potty process, but Abby surprised me today and did GREAT! Of course I know the tragedys will happen, but it didn't happen today, so I am counting my blessings/success one day at a time. Not to worry, I spared you the photo of the pee in the potty....but I had to take it as evidence!!
DAY 1: Triumphs x3, Tragedys x1......and barely that since the only accident she had was outside, so it didn't create any cleanup for me, and she came running in as soon as it happened, so I know she understood her error!! So she had 3 pees in the potty today and only wore a diaper at nap time!
The reward I've been holding over her head (almost literally, I've had it pinned to the wall in the bathroom for the last 3 weeks to serve as a visual reward), was a new pink cinderella dress! So she was SUPER excited this morning after her first potty success and stood up screaming Cinderella Dress! She earned it for sure!!
And hey, who doesn't want to eat their sandwich on the potty!
The PRIZE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!