DAY 5: As the days go by, she seems to be getting better and better. Today we went out to Target, and as we were leaving the store she had to "go" so we used the car potty. Then as we pulled in the driveway she had to "go" again, and DID!! She stayed dry all of nap time, and then for bedtime, she did it again, where she woke up an hour after going to bed saying she had to "go"..and she went. But even worse, then she woke up at 2am last night saying she had to go.....so Mike go up with her and she went! I guess her brain is sensitive to that feeling now, or something. So I think tonight I am going to limit her liquids after a certain hour and see if that helps.
DAY 6: Today was my 2nd biggest fear aside from public accidents......Going to school!! I dropped her off, explained to the teacher that we started training (which they are very positive about and help you once you tell them you have started), and I left thinking for sure she would have an accident, preparing myself for the inevitable. Now I did have to keep her in a pull-up or diaper while she is at school until she is 100% trained, just so they don't have to deal with multiple accidents and changing clothes. But I went to pick her up and was shocked that she had not used any of her backup pull-ups, and the teacher said she went potty 4 times and her current pull-up is still dry!!! WOW!!! Really!!! My kid??!!?? We got home and I gave her a chocolate pudding cup as a reward! I thought for sure she was going to have trouble remembering to go amidst all the playing and 14 other kids running around. Ahhhh.....sooo proud!
.......Tomorrow completes week 1 of potty training and I can't believe it has gone by already. Oh, and her favorite part of the whole process so far........flushing the toilet!!!! Guess its a thrill since she's never done it before. She flushes the handle and says "bye bye pee pee". I can't help but giggle since she does it EVERY time!!!! Seriously though, I think I have to attribute most of her positive progress to "The Potty Training Book" that Aunt Angela gave us. We read it diligently twice a day for about a month prior to starting, and I think it stuck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.