Well, we were pleasantly surprised by Abby's track record these past 2 days. Luckily it worked out that we were home most of this weekend so we had the time to spend near a bathroom with her.
Day 2: She only had one accident.....but it wasn't the wet kind; I don't expect her to figure out #2 right away. And she kept her diaper bone dry after naptime, and right when I took it off she ran to the potty to pee!
Day 3: She did great! We went to the aquarium today and right when we got there she said she had to "go", so luckily I had brought along the toilet seat topper and sure enough......SHE WENT!!! Her first public bathroom experience. No hesitation whatsoever. Needless to say I was shocked. I really don't cry ever at her accomplishments, usually just amazed, but this potty training thing makes me tear up. Seeing her accomplish it with such ease makes me happy. She does have her accidents as is expected. Today she had a couple while she was busy playing at home. But afterwards she came in at least 4 times telling me she had to "go". Now she "goes" all by herself, and comes to tell us afterwards to "come see". She is very proud each time. I hope that wears off soon......
Off to the zoo tomorrow....hoping it goes well too! We shall see........
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.