Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 4: Potty Training

DAY 4
So the 4th day was amazing. We went to the zoo (which I thought would be my biggest "wet" problem), and right away Abby asked to go potty. So we went! And then we went 3 more times! Yep, we visited every single potty at the zoo and she "went" each time!! She hasn't quite learned to go all the way yet. But we didn't have a single accident, so that was a MIRACLE since we were there for 2.5 hrs!!!!
We came home and she continued going on her own. She only had one accident in the afternoon while she was playing, so that wasn't too bad. I'll take an accident at home anyday versus being out and about. Oh, and did I mention she "went" on the potty in the car when we ran errands yesterday afternoon?? YEP! I bought a little potty that fits perfectly on the floor of the van next to Maddy's seat, so while we were out dropping of dry cleaning, she said she had to go so I plopped her on it and she did it. Much less stressful then having to find a place to stop at and go into with 2 kids!
The biggest and funniest moment was that night. We put her to bed as usual, in a diaper around 8pm, then at 9pm she pounded on her door "I have to go potty". At first Mike and I looked at each other and thought it was just a ploy to get out of bed. BUT we let her go and she did it. And back to bed she went. Then this morning when she got up I found her diaper was 100% dry.......and she went to the potty right away and it all came out. I was SUPER pleased to see she managed a dry night. Maybe she's catching on faster than we thought. We shall see!!
But after 4 days of this, I'm pretty impressed, and a lot less stressed than I thought I'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!