Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Grandma Donna's Visit

My mom came to visit this past week.....much overdue, and so much fun!
The kids LOVED having her here, and so did I! I got to go to the gym at odd hours I normally don't get to, run errands during nap time, and just not be needed 110% of the day. It was a nice break.
 
 Night before Mom left I made Corned Beef & Cabbage (early, so I wouldn't have to enjoy it solo....) Well to our disbelief, Maddy voluntarily and with NO opposition, ate three HUGE helpings! Weekly food achievements going down in our house!!
While Mom was here she tried, for the first time.....
*Steak (she calls it chicken.....)
*A small piece of shrimp (probably called that chicken too.....)
*Small piece of broccoli (gagged a bit, but overcame it and finished the bite)
*Small piece of cooked carrot (again gagged a bit, but did it)
*Corned beef!! 
To say the least, it was a very successful week of eating!
 We took Maddy for a much overdue haircut
 And since we are leaving the good 'ol South for a while......I had to take mom to her first "Waffle House" experience for breakfast, before we headed to the airport. 
It was a wonderful week together, just the four of us, and we were lucky to have decent weather too!
'Til California.......Officially on the 10 week countdown! I'm not sure if that sounds short or long....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!