Keeping up with our busy Navy lives....wherever we live :)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering a day that is so much more!

A friend of mine living in NY took and posted this on her Facebook page today (Thank you Jenny Brown!!)
I saw it this morning and I am just in awe of the landmark they have created in the aftermath of this tragedy.
By itself I can't believe how many years have passed. And like everyone else sharing their sentiments today, I too remember EXACTLY where I was that morning when it happened. 
(I was at the gym in Chico, on the treadmill, watching it unfold on TV)
It still is hard to believe it isn't more than a made up story, it seems so unreal. And to think it happened far from the battlegrounds that our military fight for/on overseas everyday! Sacrifice is everywhere in our life. For us it is currently at home, enduring a deployment. But for the families of these victims, it is everyday enduring the loss of their loved ones. 
Puts a lot in perspective in life as I worry how the next 6 months will pass.......
......when so many others sacrificed their "forever".

9/11/2001.......NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mike, Allison, Abby and Maddy Smith

Living life in beautiful........well, everywhere......US NAVY!!!